DIY Crash Course Event
Drinks - Appetizers - Skills - Tools - Experts
This one evening, annual event, provides hands-on experience and tips and tricks for common DIY projects you want to tackle while you learn from experienced Minneapolis remodelers, DIYers, and industry experts. The content for this event comes from YOU, our collective audiences, and we know you'll leave with the confidence to do-it-yourself!
***Stay tuned for details of this annual event***
< Event Recap >
Wednesday | November 1st 2017 | 6-9pm
- 6:00 - 6:30pm: Grab drinks, appetizers, and mingle with the event collaborators
- 6:30 -8:30pm: Rotate through our DIY stations! Not interested in a specific station? Head back to the bar or chat with an expert until it's time for the next station
- 8:30 - 9pm: Ask additional questions of station leaders and experts then head home and get to work!
Our DIY stations will be 30 minute, hands-on crash courses in the home repair areas suggested by you. Learn more about our station leaders in the profiles below.
- Drywall - Install and repair, what to do with outlets
- Tiling - Removal, install, finishing tips and techniques
- Wall Treatments - Product advice and install techniques for wall treatments like shiplap or board and batten
- Wallpaper 101 - removal, suggested products, install techniques because wallpaper is BACK
If you aren't interested in participating in a station, head on over to visit with an on-site expert, grab another drink and appetizer, then jump back into the rotations. Learn more ->
Ask an Expert
View demos and ask your questions! Bring images of your latest project or concerning home issue. All advice is free, bonus, they're also available for hire ;)
- Plumber - HVAC
- Tools - Get hands-on experience with common project tools like a miter saw, brad nail gun, power drill and more!
DIY Station Leaders
Jason, half of team PIP, is the master of all house projects. If he doesn't know how to do something, he learns.
Although he has a full time career as an engineer for a Minneapolis medical device company, he is often found working on a house project, prepping for PIP, or leading workshops. Attention to detail, like any good engineer, is Jason's #1 skill when it comes to anything DIY.
Erin is a DIYer, designer, and new mama. She runs a home DIY blog called Francois et Moi which is dedicated to helping people tap into their creativity and ingenuity to create a home they love.
Her background is in commercial interior design and she also creates DIY & craft tutorials for online brands. Her work can bee seen in collaboration with Sugar & Cloth, WeMake Collective, Apartment Therapy, and Curbly.
Jake and Lindsay are a dynamic duo with a well experienced and versatile background in improving real estate.
Jake is a full-time, self-taught carpenter that works full time for a contractor. He takes on many jobs in his "free time" under Rebuild LLC while Lindsay is a realtor in the Twin Cities. When she's not showing, selling or staging houses she's helping Jake on a project. No job too big or small for Rebuild LLC!
Construction 2 Style
Jamie and Morgan Molitor are the husband and wife remodeling and styling team behind Construction 2 Style. For over 5 years, they have been tearing houses apart and creating new dream spaces not only for their clients but for themselves.
They started off as a DIY blog, and now offer full service interior residential design & remodeling team.