Skills: Shiplap Wall Treatment
It's hard to spot a home magazine or show without seeing this wall treatment made popular by HGTV's Fixer Upper. Shiplap, the original wall, is now being recreated in homes to add instant character and is a trend we don’t see fading anytime soon. PIP's shiplap workshop provides the skills, techniques, and confidence to complete this task in your own home! BONUS: You will take home an 15"x 18" shiplapped board which can double as art work.
Price: $65 per attendee or $90 for two *This workshop does not provide the materials for you to shiplap a room. See below for an estimated cost for your home. One shiplap practice board per pair.
Tools: Miter saw, brad nailer, spacer, level, stud finder
During this workshop you will:
- Learn what wood product to use
- Experience how to cut your wood – hands-on experience with a miter saw, and other resources for cutting materials
- Identify studs in your wall – multiple ways to identify and prep your surface
- Practice install techniques – hands-on experience with a brad nailer
- Learn finishing techniques- What to do when you encounter outlets, corners, windows, molding
- Receive paint and finishing hands-on experience and tips
Time Commitment: Max. 2 hours
Wall Treatment Investment (not included):
Your total investment will vary by size and access to materials. A 15 foot long wall by 8 feet high would cost you about $50 in the wood alone. Other materials you will need to complete this project are a brad nailer and nails, miter box, paint supplies, and optional wood fill. We will give cost saving tips and information on tool rental during the workshop, or you may reach out to a family member or friend with access to tools to complete your install if you don't have them at home already.
Event registration closes 48 hours before this workshop takes place, or until sold out
Choose Date - Select Tickets Below
Sat | Aug 12th | 11am